Everyone wants their guests to have fun, but how do you stand out from all the other weddings they attended that year? Here are five fun and unique ideas to level up your reception and totally surprise your guests.
- Live Performances. Dancers, actors in costume, singers, musicians or other interactive performers will give your guests a fantastic experience. Another idea is to hire a spectacular musician or DJ for a mini-concert.
- Guests Portraits. Set up a space to have a photographer take beautiful formal portraits of your guests. Wouldn't it be nice to gift them with a professional posed photo while they are all dressed up. We offer this with our third photographer.
- Be Artsy. Get your guests into the action with some fun interactive art. Native 312 Events offers an urban art experience where your guests make spray paint art together. Demonstrations are another great option, one of our favorite was glass blowing at Ignite Glass Studio. They used colored glass chips from the couples ceremony and made an amazing hand blown glass bowl during the reception - truly mesmerizing to watch and a very special heirloom.
- Games. Any games are fun, but Casino style games are always exciting. Give everyone some chips to get the evening rolling and let them "cash in" for drinks, song requests or other fun prizes. Other hit games we have seen are a bounce house and a video game station (photo above).
- Photo Booth. A photo booth are not totally novel these days, but they really are a great way to give your guests something else fun to do during the reception. They can have a little break from dancing, take some fun photos for insta, grab a drink and then they are back out dancing again. We recommend facing it out toward the fun because that's the best backdrop. Ask us about the awesome photo booth we offer.
- Bonus - Tattoo Artist. One of the most unique wedding ideas we have seen was hiring a tattoo artist to give complementary tattoos at the wedding reception - definitely unforgettable!
Share this story